An array of synchronous Bluetooth hearing protection options in 2022 are possible, with Bluetooth connectivity and seamless mobile app integration at the forefront.
However, with well-known environmental triggers, cumulative hearing damage may occur due to industrial noise many workers face on the job, with the sudden hearing loss occurring at just 120 decibels.
Let’s check the top picks of the best Bluetooth hearing protection in 2022 to buy to streamline the selection process, having a noise reduction rating. It has Bluetooth connectivity, ergonomic fit, extended playback time, value, and tactical sport headsets to kid-friendly earphones designed to safeguard delicate hearing.
Best Bluetooth Hearing Protection in 2022
3M Worktunes Connect + AM/FM
- NRR: 24dB
- Playtime: 20 hours
- Microphones: Integrated microphone
- Bluetooth Version: 4.2
- Support for AM/FM radio
- Audio assistive technology
- On-ear controls for easy use
Wearing the 3M WorkTunes Connect + AM/FM Hearing Protector Bluetooth earmuffs lets you block out external noise thanks to the 24 NRR. Their built-in support for AM and FM radio signals and Bluetooth put them at the top list. They also incorporate a safe volume control that self-adjusts to secure listening volumes to protect your hearing. These are also easy to navigate. You will find the volume and radio tuning rules on the right earmuff. And the Audio Assist feature lets you understand what radio you’re listening to and permits you to save your favorite radio stations conveniently.
Walker’s XCEL 100
- NRR: 28dB
- Playtime: 20 hours
- Microphones: Omnidirectional mic
- Wind noise reduction technology
- Four listening modes
Whether you’re at the rifle range, doing some yard work, or just working in a noisy background, Walker’s Bluetooth ear protection lets you avoid stressing outside noise intruding on your hearing experience. You can swap between four listening modes founded on you, including Universal, High Frequency, Speech Clarity Model, and Power Boost. The mic is also fitted with active dynamic sound suppression and wind noise reduction to capture your voice while on calls. The Walker’s XCEL 100 runs on two AAA batteries. Although rechargeable batteries are typically preferred, the ability to return the batteries on the go can be helpful if you rarely have access to a power source.
- NRR: 22dB
- Playtime: 36 hours (Bluetooth mode)
- Microphones: 2 built-in omnidirectional recessed microphones
- 2 volume control knobs (Bluetooth and ambient noise)
- Headphone jack: 3.5mm AUX input jack
- Ergonomic and low-profile design
The PRO HEAR 030 Electronic Shooting Ear Protection Muffs provide excellent outdoor hunting and shooting experience. Their slim design and convenient Bluetooth syncing offer you reliable hearing protection that is easy to bring while on the go. Equipped with two mics, the PRO HEAR 030 Electronic Shooting Ear Protection Muffs allow better communication without taking the headphones off. Thanks to the flexible padded headband, you can have a comfortable wearing experience that doesn’t get in the way of your shooting. In addition, the PRO HEAR 030 Electronic Shooting Ear Protection Muffs have two volume regulators that handle the Bluetooth/AUX input volume and ambient noise consequently. It allows you to make what you want to hear and how loud you attend to it.
Honeywell Sync Wireless Ear Muffs
- NRR: 25dB (SNR: 32dB)
- Playtime: 16+ hours
- Microphones: Rotating boom microphone
- Bluetooth Version: 4.1
- Allows for both wired and Bluetooth connection with audio devices
- Premium headband made with rugged steel construction
- Volume management technology limits output volume to 82dB
- Built-in rechargeable battery with USB charging cable and wall adapter
The Honeywell Sync Wireless Ear Muffs lets you work and talk wirelessly while keeping you safe from hearing loss. These Bluetooth hearing protection headphones on this list feature an external boom microphone that rotates. In addition, the Honeywell Sync Ear Muffs headband has a rugged steel core that counts more durability and enhances the overall lifespan of the earmuffs. The headband and ear cups also have counted padding for additional protection and comfort.
WULFPOWERPRO Bluetooth Ear Muffs
- NRR: 29dB
- Playtime: 10 – 12 hours
- Microphones: Built-in noise-canceling microphone
- Supports wired and wireless connection to devices
- Seamless switching between two connected Bluetooth devices
- Can scan FM digital radio station frequencies
- Rechargeable battery and LCD
The WULFPOWERPRO Bluetooth Ear Muffs are a great choice in providing proper hearing protection in loud environments and activities. You can mow the lawn, employ heavy machinery, do landscaping work, and any other activity that affects loud sounds without putting yourself at risk of noise-induced hearing loss. With these earmuffs, you use a wireless Bluetooth connection or a standard stereo jack cable for a wired connection. In addition, if you decide to use Bluetooth syncing, you can connect up to two separate devices simultaneously. The rechargeable battery is a pleasant touch, but the battery (and charging port) appear low quality. In addition, the charging port can break easily.
ISOtunes PRO 2.0 Bluetooth Earplug
- NRR: 27dB (SNR: 32dB)
- Playtime: 16+ hours (music and talk time)
- Microphones: Noise suppressing microphones with echo cancellation technology
- Bluetooth Version: 5.0
- Ultra-durable ear stem and redesigned ear hook
- Redesigned controller for a more rubberized tactile feel
- IPX Rating: IP67 for sweat, water, and dust resistance
- 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
The ISOtunes PRO 2.0 are professional-grade bluetooth hearing protection earplugs that provide extra durability and usability in your daily life. They are also ISOtunes’ best-selling product redesigned. There’s no need to worry about this product’s fragility as the ISOtunes PRO 2.0 characteristic ultra-durable ear stems of chrome-plated brass are created to withstand the wear and tear of everyday use. They also include ear hooks redesigned with more stability and an overall better fit in mind. The device will endure even the sweatiest of ears thanks to its IP67 rating, making it sweat, water, and dust resistant. In addition, the device has a redesigned volume and music controller with larger rubberized buttons to give you that comfortable and tactile feel. The device’s pronounced buttons will let you control the volume without looking at the controller.
Peltor Sport Tactical 500 Electronic Hearing Protector
- NRR: 26dB
- Playtime: 42 hours
- Microphones: Durable recessed microphones
- Flexible connections through Bluetooth or a 3.5mm audio jack
- Dynamic suppression time for safety and comfort when shooting
- Low-profile, lightweight, and comfortable design
- Requires two (2) AA batteries but has an option to use a rechargeable Li-on battery
The Peltor Sport Tactical 500 offers reliable electronic hearing protection while still providing excellent comfort and overall good Bluetooth syncing performance. Moreover, this pair also has the necessary features and more for recreational shooting. With its low-profile and lightweight design, these headphones won’t have in the way of your shooting. It provides specifically designed cut-outs at the lower portion of each ear cup for the gunstock to rest on while aiming. The device features a highly flexible headband that can fit most head shapes. Their headband holds cut-outs that act as ventilation to give you the most comfort during those long sessions, especially when wearing hats. These feature a textured rubber-like shell foam for each ear cup, which creates a comfortable seal around the ears.
Bluetooth Hearing Protection Buyer’s Guide
- Noise Reduction Rating: Proper hearing protection is the number one feature to look for when choosing the right Bluetooth headset or earbuds. More specifically, hearing protection is defined as noise reduction rating (NRR), an industry classification. It is used to determine the level at which dangerous sound input is reduced to safeguard ears from gunshot blasts and damaging audio sources over 83 decibels.
- Noise Isolation: The headphones are concerned about lightweight fit with an ear encircling design is an effective way to isolate users with complete immersion, blocking input from the surrounding environment while shieling ears from hazardous noise levels. In contrast, earbuds and behind-the-neck options frequently utilize a variety of measures to safeguard the inner ear, including heat-expanding foam tips and customized silicone inserts.
- Adjustable Fit and Ergonomic Design Profile: Bluetooth hearing protection is generally worn during long work shifts, days out on the fishing trail, or sporting events. Therefore, a well-engineered style that can yield hours of uninterrupted comfort is crucial. The optimal design features to consider to ensure long-wearing comfort include softly cushioned headbands and ear cuffs, a low profile design, and moisture-resistant options.
- Convenience and Versatility: There’s no shortage of versatility for Bluetooth-enabled devices, and hearing protection is no different. Opting for Bluetooth hearing protection that’s compatible over a range of mobile devices is a must, with an array of choices that fit the bill utilizing a collapsing, fold-away design that advances for easy storage when not in use.
- Playback Time: Not to be dominated by performance and comfort, playback time is essential when determining the correct form of Bluetooth hearing protection to satisfy your requirements. As with comfort and design, long battery life is a necessary feature for any option worth contemplating. These valuable hearing protectors are constantly worn throughout long shifts and outdoor activities away from charging stations.
An extensive range of possibilities is available to safeguard your hearing from the damaging consequences of environmental and industrial noise hazards. When determining the best Bluetooth hearing protection, shop with the calmness of mind in selecting an option that satisfies your work or leisure requirements while minimizing the uncertainty of sudden or cumulative hearing loss.