August Anthony Alsina, Jr. known by his stage name is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer. He is best recognized for his single, I Luv This Shit. He has released a number of mixtapes including his debut in 2011 called Untitled and 2013’s The Product 2. To learn more about the musician, read below.
Who are the parents of August Alsina?
Back to his early life, was born August Anthony Alsina Jr. in New Orleans, US, under the birth sign Virgo. His mother is Sheila Alsina and his father is August Alsina Sr.
At the age of 14, he lost his father due to drug abuse. His childhood was rough and in jeopardy because his life was intertwined with drugs. Alsina has three brothers Melvin La’Branch III, Travis Labranch, and Jamal Labranch. One of his brothers, Melvin was shot dead on August 31, 2010. Ethnically August Alsina is an African-American and his nationality is American.
Alsina studied at his middle school in New Orleans and relocated to Houston, Texas. He was inspired to singing after watching ‘Sister Act 2’ He first uploaded his video to YouTube covering the song of Lyfe Jenning’s ‘Hypothetically’ at the age of 14 in 2007.
When did August Alsina pursue his music career?
- got noticed by Atlanta-based independent American management and production company ‘NNTME MuCo.’, also known as ‘Noontime’ and as a result of this, he relocated to Atlanta in 2011 and became more devoted to his musical career.
- Although an ‘Untitled’ mixtape of Alsina comprising of six acoustic covers came out in October 2011, he released his debut mixtape titled ‘The Product’ in April 2012. It consisted of twelve tracks. The two other mixtapes of Alsina that came out in 2012 were ‘August Alsina University’ and ‘Throwback
- In addition, he released a second mixtape titled ‘The Product 2’ in May 2013. August released his EP ‘Downtown: Life Under the Gun’ on August 20, 2013. Since then, he has released several other mixtapes and albums. Additionally, he released his first album ‘Testimony’ in 2014 and his second album ‘This Thing Called Life’ was released in 2015.
- On January 6, 2017, Alsina released the singles Drugs then on June 1, 2017, Lonely & then on June 6, 2017, Don’t Matter was released for the album.
- Alsina’s second album debuted at number 14 on the Billboard 200. Furthermore, currently, he is working on his third studio album. His music falls into the Alternative R&B category and his musical influences are Lyfe Jennings and Usher.
- Further, Alsina won the BET Award in 2014 in the category of Best New Artist. Additionally, he has received other four nominations for the award.
Is August Alsina married or not?
Reflecting on his personal life, August Alsina was previously involved in a relationship with model Analicia Chaves during April 2014. Additionally, he was also linked romantically with Nicki Minaj at one point in his career. August has also been linked with actress Regina Hall, Miracle Watts, and Jada Smith’s mom, Adrienne Banfield-Jones. At present, August is believed to be single.
How much net worth is August Alsina owns?
As of 2019, August Alsina net worth is estimated to be around $ 4 million, as per celebrity net worth. His significant source of earning is his professional recording and singing career. Being focused on his music, he makes money mostly through it, with his album sales and live performances.
How tall is August Alsina?
Talking about his body measurement, Alsina has a height of 6 feet. Additionally, he weighs around 75 kg. Furthermore, his hair and eye color is dark brown. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosure, we will let you know.